lovely

Stumbled upon this today while searching for "the perfect Walt Whitman quote." So lovely. And Garrison Keillor! Who knew he had it in him...

When my body and your body
Lie together under a white sheet
Your head on my arm
Your leg thrown over my leg
The whole long continent of you
The pale ridgeline of your ribcage and hip and thigh
Neighbor to me
There is nothing that needs to be explained
Or accomplished, the world is at rest and complete
And though
We drift apart in the eddies of the day
We will find our way back
To the slight hollows that mark the place
Where we lie now, astonished, saying nothing.
-Nude Study, by Garrison Keillor, in 77 Love Sonnets

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eggnog with lighter fluid and other cherished Christmas memories

sample retirement acceptance letter

meditating through my HULK SMASH